Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

1979 Oakwood Slingerland

Hey everyone I have not posted in a long time. I had a slingerland mahogony set for several years then sold it a couple years ago because it had a 24" bass and deep toms ( because I'm short and like to sit near level when playing ) DOH and I have regretted it ! So I set out to get another vintage set and found this slingerland got 12,13,16, and 22/14 bought site unseen when I opened the box I was happy !! I have researched these drums and this is what I think they are...........if anyone knows anything about these please let me know anyway Looks like a

1979 ( only year made ) Oakwood slingerland

Posted on 15 years ago

I put powerstroke 3 , reso heads and G1 coated on the toms cleaned the lugs and hoops lubed the threads and set it up like so many like 4pc ( I've allways been a big set kinda guy ) and these drums sound amazing !!! I bought these drums with the intention of refinishing them.....but I don't think I'm gonna do anything else...at least for now !

Posted on 15 years ago

Never saw that finish before, really nice.

Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice. I love the way it has honey'd over the years. It's a seriously cool kit. Good job on getting this one. I can see the bass...are all the drums 3 ply?

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes they are all 3 ply

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's a NICE old Slingy kit. If you are right on the '79 attribution (based on the badge #'s, I'd imagine)...shoot...those may have been one of the last GOOD Slingerland sets ever made...before the company completely tanked shortly thereafter....

yeah, I mean, if the lacquer isn't all scuffed to hell...leave 'em in that finish...maybe go at the shells with some nice wood polish and see if they spiff up any. But it's an unusual hue...probably because of aging, as McJ suggests.

...Cool1 it's very cool...Congrats ![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Take a look ! this is the only photo of the oakwood finish I have found so far !

Photo taken from vintagedrumguide.com

Posted on 15 years ago

got some old english and spent about 30 minutes on em....

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Awesome! They look great. When I first read the title I read "Oaklawn Slingerland" in my head...."what the....."

Posted on 15 years ago

having a very hard time finding anyone that knows about this set ?? must be rare please help

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here