Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1979 Corder 5-piece for...

Hi everybody!

As my band is starting to get busier and play out more, I feel less comfortable bringing my '64 Rogers kit (they're my babies) as a gig kit to every show, so I'm looking for a player's grade gig kit to use live.

What I've got: I have a 1979 Coder 5 piece in brushed brass that was custom ordered by my uncle new in '79. He doesn't play anymore and sold it to me, but this kit isn't really my style, so I've been thinking of trading/selling it. Sizes are (diameter x depth): 8x8, 10x8, 12x11, 16x16, & 22x14. The snare pictured with the kit has sold separately & is no longer available.

The drums have been gigged and played with for 35 years, so there is some signs of aging. The brushed brass wrap has some scratches and minor rusting on it, but the chrome hardware looks really nice for its age. All of the hoops and mounts are original besides one floor tom leg mount (which was professionally replaced with a Ludwig replacement), and one or two wingnuts. Two of the original wingnuts have cracked, but are still very usable. Bearing edges are in great condition & these drums tune up really well.

What I'm looking for: I'm interested in anything 13/16/22 from the 60's or 70's. Doesn't have to be in pristene condition, I don't mind a couple battle scars :p Preferably Ludwig, Gretsch, Rogers, etc. Something I can take out and use as a gig kit! :D

I could probably put this kit in the For Sale section too, as I would just take money for it as well...

Make some offers and I'll see if anything appeals to me!

Luke

IN SEARCH OF:
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 9x13 rack tom in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 22 OR 24x14 bass drum in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Posted on 7 years ago

Some more pictures...

some of the pictures are sideways, my apologies

IN SEARCH OF:
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 9x13 rack tom in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1964-1966 Rogers 22 OR 24x14 bass drum in silver sparkle. Beavertail lugs, flat grey Cleveland tag interior
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Posted on 7 years ago

How about this Ludwig, Slingerland Gretsch Kit? It has a 13,16,22, it's definitely a gigging kit.

1 attachments
108.1 kB
Posted on 7 years ago

From johnnyringo

How about this Ludwig, Slingerland Gretsch Kit? It has a 13,16,22, it's definitely a gigging kit.

Hi johnnyringo! Thanks for the offer. I think I'll keep looking around a little bit longer to see if anything else pops up, but I'll keep your offer in mind. :)

Luke

IN SEARCH OF:
Posted on 7 years ago

What would you need to sell the Corder kit...??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 7 years ago

From wayne

Hi Wayne! Sorry about the delay for a reply. I have a kit on the line that I would like to purchase once I sell this kit. I'm looking to get around $900 give or take for the Corder set. I'm open for any reasonable offers, too. If you're interested and would like to work out a price please let me know :)

Luke

IN SEARCH OF:
Posted on 7 years ago

From wayne

Wayne, if you are still looking, I dropped the price down to $700. Thanks

Luke

IN SEARCH OF:
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here