Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1978 Blue Vistalites!

Just got a GREAT deal on Ludwig Blue Vistalites. I've never played one before, I love the sound - the rack tom is almost as loud as the black beauty snare drum! Also, it features an 18" floor tom.

One question, is it safe to install a Ludwig Atlas mount on the rack tom? Will it cause too much stress and crack the drum?

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Love those blue Vista's

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 10 years ago

very nice! love the blue vistalites. did you already have the black beauty or did it come with the vistalites?

as far as the atlas mount...you may be considering using the mount that replaces one lug and also gives you a mount for possibly a cymbal. on a wood drum, it would be fine. i'd be careful with the acrylic shell though. you can buy two mounts and install a cross bar between the two and use an atlas cymbal holder on that bar,which is also made by Ludwig. hope that makes sense. if its a lighter cymbal, you may be ok with the one atlas mount.

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

+1 to Mike`s comments above and they are beauties for sure and especially in those sizes.But what we are really interested in- (is that "Black Beauty" question).Is it original with that kit and if so, you may have a snare that`s worth as much or more than the kit itself.Wonderful set either way.

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

I already owned the Black Beauty snare but it did come with a 14" tom as well and cymbals and stands.

Would a rack tom be more stressful than a cymbal stand/cymbal?

Thanks!

Kent

Posted on 10 years ago

Love the presentation. Of the 2014 new Vistalites, the blues are the only color worth owning. Nice!

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here