Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

1977 Tama Fibrestar Double Bass Kit

I own a tama fibrestar kit that i got from my uncle a few years ago. He had had them since the early 80s and used them as his secondary kit, so they are in really good condition, i'd say near mint. The kit has the following:

2 24" Bass Drums

16, 15, 14, 13" Mountable Concert Toms

18" Floor Tom

14" Snare

Ride, Hi-hat, and Crash stands

All original hardware (lugs, mounts, etc)

Tama Cases for all drums but one Bass drum

Now i already know that these drums are rare and were only made in 1977. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into their value? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on 15 years ago

Rare and valuable do not always go hand in hand. The size of the kit and drums puts it in an area where there are less buyers.

Not an easy kit to transport.

Also, Tama collectors are out there, but not as many as other manufacturers.

So you have two things that keep this set with a more limited amount of buyers.

Also, can you provide a photo and the finish of the kit? Does the snare match the kit?

Then check on eBay for similar drums or sets that have sold and put together a basic value guide. If three 24" bass drum sell in a range then take that into consideration. It might take a few months to gather the data and then you will have a street value to give you an idea.

I would hesitate to value it without seeing it and also not having some historical selling data.

David

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here