Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

1976 Slingerland 2R Modern Solo Outfit in Maple Wood

Coming along man !!

What the bass mount part you are missing, the "screw mech" ?

Kev

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks. It's missing the thick screw that holds the tom tree in place. It didn't come with one. I think it might also be missing the threaded tension insert. I'll double check, but I think that's the final piece of the puzzle.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Slingerland glued there own shells and heated them up in the shell machines they had. Each layer of the ply shells were glued and put into the molds as were the rerings then a piece was inserted into the shell that expanded and heated the inside of the shell and left there for a while(i can't remember how long anymore) those different colors of wood on your shell is all the same wood, poplar, just different coloring on the wood. I think the only ply drums that were bent plywood were the big concert bass drums(slingerland made there own plywood for that ) and the small drums like 6,8 and 10 inch. towards the end of Niles they purchased those small shells along with the cheap Spirit series 3-ply without rerings.

Posted on 13 years ago

From RogerSling

Thanks. It's missing the thick screw that holds the tom tree in place. It didn't come with one. I think it might also be missing the threaded tension insert. I'll double check, but I think that's the final piece of the puzzle.

This eBay seller has had the strap nuts before, maybe they will have the screw too?

I have pilfered a wing screw from a slingy stand a couple of times as a sub.... some are the right size and some aren't.

Link............

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Just picked up a nice bass mount with the missing screw off ebay. Whoo-HOOOO!!!

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Awesome !!!

You're in the home stretch now, my friend !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Having ordered the wrong heads, waited for delivery, ordered the correct heads, waited for delivery, ...

I have a DRUM!!!

The 12 inch tom is complete. Whoop-tee-dooo

It turned out nice. The later 70s Slingerland drums seem to favor the Emp/Amb combo for some reason. I have the clear version on the 79 kit. I decided to go coated on this kit. So, here we go.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Lookin good man !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Wow !! They sure are pretty !!

Congrats !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here