Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

1974 Stop Sign Set

I realize these are not vintage. I thought you might enjoy checking them out anyway. They are not for sale, but I would like to know what they might be worth.

I bought them in about 1974 from Gus Zoppi Music in my old neighborhood on Eight Mile Road in Detroit., never modified anything. They still sound great. I bought the color after seeing Tony’s of course and also Jan Hammer had some on “Like Children” with Jerry Goodman.

Nitron “Tony Williams” Yellow Lacquer. “Stop Sign” octagon Badge with Gretsch “T”, “That Great Gretsch Sound”. All drums factory original with no alterations, original die cast hoops, lugs, tensioners, and washers. Painted factory silver/gray inside. Black and white and orange factory labels inside with model number in green ink, serial number printed

All toms with double factory tone controls.

9 x 13 tom double head model # 4247 serial# 35444

10 x 14 tom double head model # 4420 serial # 35424

16 x 16 floor tom double head model # 4418 serial # 35458 with 3 legs

22 x 14 bass drum double head model # 4247 serial # 35433 with factory felt strip muffler, internal reversible spurs. Original factory 2 tom bass drum mounted holder. Original Gretsch head on front.

14 x 6 ½ 10 lug chrome over brass snare drum model 4165 serial # 34646 all original throw-off, except for snares

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Nice drums! Thanks for sharing! yellow isn't my color, but I KNOW they sound great. Wow, they look to be in great shape, too. -Nothing like a well-kept set of drums!

By the way, I actually consider 1974 to be "vintage" when it comes to drums and especially drum sets.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here