Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1973 slingerland kit

Hi this is my first post. kind of new to the vintage drum thing.

I have just got a 1973 new rock outfit (thats what it was called on the information i found on the vintage drum slingerland site) slingerland kit with what i think is the super sound king chrome/brass snare. Man does it sound good. The snare is sooooo responsive. Just wondering if there is anyone who has more info about this kit?? Do they pop up often?? Are they worth much? Am i worth hanging on to it and ditching something else or should i sell it to someone who will appreciate it?? I tried taking it to a few local drum shops for some info but they were not all that knowledgable with the slingerland stuff.

I was given it by a friend who just wanted to get rid of it. bit of a score really.

It has some wear that you would expect from a kit this old but its not too bad. Seems like it has been stored away for a while. Thanks in advance anyway

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Can you post a pic or three ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

here is a pic of the snare. ill get some up of the rest of the kit soon

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

While you are working on the rest of the photos, take a magnet to the snare drum. If it sticks, it's not COB, it's COS. If it doesn't stick, it's probably COB.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here