Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

1973 Black Rogers 7-pc kit, concert toms / Metal Dynasonic Custom Snare

I have owned this kit since 1976 and I will not give it away, but I would like to find out what it might be worth. I'm considering selling it. I purchased it from the guy who ordered it brand new in '73. So it's only had two owners. Like the title says: It's a 1973, pre-CBS, (small, cursive Rogers logo), black, 7-pc. kit: 22" kick, 10", 12", 13", 14" concert toms (single head), 16" standard floor tom (double head), 14" x 5-1/2" metal (crome-plated or stainless steel) Dynasonic Custom snare. Drums are in excellent condition, but some of the hardware is pretty worn. Hey, this was my working kit for 13 years before I finally got another one in 1989. Anyone that can shed light on this, let me know.

Posted on 17 years ago

Concert toms???..That could be a tough sell,as players these days are looking for lots of resonance.Blackwrap is nice "matches everything",but again could be a strike against.Dont get me wrong you have a wonderful kit buts its a buyers market now.Ask yourself how much YOU would pay for the kit if you saw it in a drum shop,and be honest.I,d say you have about 5-700 worth of gear there,closer to 500 imo....good luck

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

CBS bought Rogers in the late '60s, so your drums are from the CBS era.

Posted on 17 years ago

CBS, with small 9/72 Fullerton tags. Most likely. Still, good drums. The collet tighteners are a little fragile, but many drummers are still using their original ones and have gigged the hell out of their kits. You could have the bottoms professionally cut and purchase correct lugs and hardware to make them a tad more appealing. However, it would also devalue them considerably on the vintage market. Concert toms and Angel Flight suits almost disappeared together, but the drums have hung around a lot longer. 5-7 hundred probably, unless someone wants it real bad. I'll wager it ends up as shells and lug auctions on ebay.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I thought Rogers didn't go CBS until late 70's, early eighties, but that's ok. Still, the little "R" and cursive logo. I know most drummers prefer the double-headed toms, as do I, but I would never do anything to alter the drums from their original design. There are a few out there...Phil Collins? They do have a distinctive sound. I'll probably just keep it. Heck, I paid 1K for it back in '76!

Posted on 17 years ago

Yeah, wow, I had a 1969 Silver Sparkle Buddy Rich kit, that would probably be worth a pretty penny, but was stolen when I first came to Germany.

The worst of it was, I lost some very old Zildjians that were given to me by my father. But, karma was good to me later, because I got endorsement deals with Sonor Drums, Zildjian Cymbals, and DW Pedals some years later and got everything for free.

The Sonor Kit they gave me was worth around 9,000 ?, the Zildjians around

6,000, and the DW pedals around 1,000 ?, so I did alright in the end.

Good luck with selling your kit.

Peace,

DICARLO

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here