Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

1972 Fibes COF

[QUOTE=SlingerLynn;416976]Very nice! I'm a sucker for canister thrones...and the 16x14 looks like a cannon ready to go BOOM! Super cool!

Lynn

THANKS Lynn!, and glad you enjoyed! Gotta agree on the canister's. Course they aren't for everyone, as they are a tad of an "acquired taste" both in use and aesthetics .. but .. they really do flesh out and complete the vintage vibe on a vintage set! You are correct on the 16X14 floor tom too ... amazing sound/note on those! I honestly think more companies should have offered them. THANKS for the comments!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago

Wow! Just a beautiful Fibes kit, Tommy! With all that gleaming and reflective chrome, do you have to pass out sunglasses to the audience! LoLoLoLo

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

From idrum4fun

Wow! Just a beautiful Fibes kit, Tommy! With all that gleaming and reflective chrome, do you have to pass out sunglasses to the audience! LoLoLoLo-Mark

Hey Mark!

I know, right??!! :) This particular stage faced straight WEST, so yeah, the sun was a bit much, and not only on the drums ... on the performers too! Not complaining though! Once the sun started going down, all was a lot more comfortable I might add. THANKS for the comments!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago

Noob here...Yours is the first Fibes kit I have seen good pics of, I barely knew of the brand's existence. Thanks a lot... Now I have another thing on my bucket list. Cool don't even come close to describing it.

I had the same experience this summer at a car show, I saw my first Siata. It's a sports car brand that I had never crossed paths with. So freaking cool. Waaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range, but so freaking cool.

Stop stringing and tuning your instrument, make music now.
-fortune cookie

Vintage Drums:
1970ish Ludwig Standard Avocado Strata downbeat
1970ish Star Acrylic 22,12,13,16
1950’s Gretsch tympani 26.5
19?? Sonor roto-tympani 13x12
70’s Ludwig Standard alum 14x5 snare
90’s Arbiter Adv. Tuning 12x5 snare
90’s Ludwig blackrolite 14x5 snare

Modern Drums:
Erie Drums 1-ply sycamore shell kit 18,10,13
Erie 1-ply maple 14x5 snare
Tama S.L.P. Acrylic 14x6.5 snare
Posted on 7 years ago

From Mr.Toast

Noob here...Yours is the first Fibes kit I have seen good pics of, I barely knew of the brand's existence. Thanks a lot... Now I have another thing on my bucket list. Cool don't even come close to describing it. I had the same experience this summer at a car show, I saw my first Siata. It's a sports car brand that I had never crossed paths with. So freaking cool. Waaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range, but so freaking cool.

THANK YOU Mr. Toast, and so glad you enjoyed! In the giant scheme of things, the ORIGINAL Fibes with Bob Grauso and then CFMartin, really weren't around all that long. As a company, they were active from 1965 to 1979 which is when CFMartin threw in the towel and sold everything to Jim Corder. Jim Corder then sold to Sammy Darwin, and then of course Fibes Austin owned by Tommy Robertson. The original Fibes though were either fiberglass or acrylic shells which Fibes named Crystalite. To me, and this is only my personal opinion, wood shelled Fibes just aren't Fibes, at least that was not Bob Grauso's vision/intent anyway. That said, anything from 1965 through 1979 would be the ORIGINAL Fibes drums/concept! I do want to make mention that Corder, Darwin, and Fibes Austin ALL made great drums of course ... but wood shells primarily. Here are a couple pics of my other Fibes set ... 1967/68 Buddy Rich COF. Hope you ENJOY!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago

Nice job Tommy. I am a sucker for canisters as well. I have had many over the years and currently I have four. Two are newer Ludwigs and the other two are vintage Ludwigs from 1969 and 1970. In fact the champagne canister that I ordered with my 2012 classic maple Ludwig set ended up being the last canister that Ludwig ever made. Would love to see you guys play around this area again!

1 attachments
"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 7 years ago

From wflkurt

Nice job Tommy. I am a sucker for canisters as well. I have had many over the years and currently I have four. Two are newer Ludwigs and the other two are vintage Ludwigs from 1969 and 1970. In fact the champagne canister that I ordered with my 2012 classic maple Ludwig set ended up being the last canister that Ludwig ever made. Would love to see you guys play around this area again!

Hey Kurt!

... and yes indeed! You have been a fan of canisters for like ... ever! Your stuff is ALWAYS pristine! and very well kept! I have but two canisters, so ... I guess I need a couple more! I will certainly let you know should we get back up to NH. It was GREAT seeing you at that performance a couple back. I only wish we could have hung out! Freaking glasses! JEEZE! THANKS for the comments Kurt!

Tommyp

Posted on 7 years ago

Oh Mighty Super Moderator, Ths is an awesome, super. fantastic kit !!! Cool1 Cool1 Yes Sir

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 6 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Oh Mighty Super Moderator, Ths is an awesome, super. fantastic kit !!! Cool1 Cool1 Yes Sir

THANKS VM2K! Nice to see you again too! BEST!!!

Tommyp

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here