Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1971 SuperClassic Ludwig

This is my all original 1971 silver sparkle LUDWIG kit......sizes 24,18,14, with a matching 6.5x14 Supraphonic snare. All hardware are matching ATLAS stands of the same year, right down to the kick pedal and throne. The kit is in absolutely immaculate condition.:D

1 attachments
53.5 kB
Posted on 12 years ago

Great! I bet they're like a thunder! Hard rock'n'roll right there!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 12 years ago

From Gilnar

Great! I bet they're like a thunder! Hard rock'n'roll right there!

What he said!

Posted on 12 years ago

sweet drums dude , they look great for 40 year olds .

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 12 years ago

Awesome!! Love the stands, too. What is it about those B/O markings? Love it.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 12 years ago

From AZBill

Awesome!! Love the stands, too. What is it about those B/O markings? Love it.B

I know Bill.......I seem to be obsessed now with these B/O badges alone..there is just something special about themYes Sir

Posted on 12 years ago

From tayedrummertom

Yowza! What an awesome kit! I love a kit that it's got all its correct stands and kick pedal with it, all in great condition. Very cool.Are you the original owner? If not, tell all the VDF guys the story.Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.Tom

Thanks...I do love this kit, although I am not the original owner as I am just as old as these drums. They are the same year of my birth. I wish I could truly share a romantic story of how I came across this kit, but no........almost in shame, but truth be told...... EBAY! That being said, living just outside of the city of Toronto you would think you could find vintage drums? ABSOLUTELY NOT! All of the few shops around, barely have so much as a single 70's snare, never mind a kit. Our local Craigslist/Kijjii ads have about a dozen listings a day of vintage drums for the entire province of Ontario! So there's my story...somewhat sad, but true. Violin

Posted on 12 years ago

Gorgeous kit. It's begging for a 16"!

Rolling thunder!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

From thesoundoffreedom

Thanks...I do love this kit, although I am not the original owner as I am just as old as these drums. They are the same year of my birth. I wish I could truly share a romantic story of how I came across this kit, but no........almost in shame, but truth be told...... EBAY! That being said, living just outside of the city of Toronto you would think you could find vintage drums? ABSOLUTELY NOT! All of the few shops around, barely have so much as a single 70's snare, never mind a kit. Our local Craigslist/Kijjii ads have about a dozen listings a day of vintage drums for the entire province of Ontario! So there's my story...somewhat sad, but true. Violin

You need to widen your search. Kijiji and Craig's list is a start but you need to hit the pawn shops, junk stores and auctions. I've bought a few things off Kijiji but I've also made dozens of great contacts through it. Once you get the word out in the vintage drum community in your area you will be surprised how much gear you will find

BTW I live in your area so if your looking for something or have something to trade or sell let me know.

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 12 years ago

Hey Cam....great to know. I felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway!!!! Maybe some time we can meet and check out some items......Mr. Purdie you are bang on. I have been searching for a 16x16 mate floor tom to go with the 18". It is tough as I am very picky. I am looking for a 71' with a true sparkle, not that "matted" finish. I have seen many 60's and some 70's in silver sparkle over the past few months, but not a 71'.Group Hug

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here