Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

1971 Ludwig Black Panthers

All original (Supra tucked away, the 14x14 is an add on rewrap. Current snare is a 6x14 WFL auditorium snare from '58. They sound awesome.

Posted on 17 years ago

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Looking sweet. What is the config on this one?

I am a 3 ply fanatic as well (in process of my two B/O 3 ply projects; one is a 12,14,20 the other is a 24,14,15,16,18.) Do you think a 14 & 15 on a Ludwig double tom mount will be too unstable??

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Looking sweet. What is the config on this one? I am a 3 ply fanatic as well (in process of my two B/O 3 ply projects; one is a 12,14,20 the other is a 24,14,15,16,18.) Do you think a 14 & 15 on a Ludwig double tom mount will be too unstable??[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

22,12,13,16 with Supra 400 is the original configuration. As to mounting a 14 and 15... you mean like a 14x14? No, I wouldn't, I would use the ISO feet or a RIMS basket. These are loud enough, I don't use dead ringers or muffle so they pretty much BOOM. I have thought about converting it to a 22,13,16 w/jazzfest, then all I would have to do is get a 20" BD and with the left over 12 and 14, I could have a Downbeat kit. My gut tells me not to ruin this kit, it's too pristine and while the wrap is not my preference (it's a love/hate relationship), it is rare to find a early one in this condition. Still, a little glue, some wrap, time and effort and I get 2 for one. It is a conundrum for me.

Posted on 17 years ago

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]Thanks! Actually the 14" is a rack (10x14) and the 15" is a 12x15. Still deciding on how I am going to config. I may go for the Mitch Mitchell Woodstock config with the 14" tom mounted on a snare stand and selling the 15", maybe even getting a 13" 3py to mount over the bass drum with a 14". Decisions...decisions. [/SIZE][/FONT]

DAVID
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here