Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1970's/1980's electronic drums vintage?

Just wondering what the consensus is here on "vintage" electronic drums. You know, Synare....Pollard Syndrum.....Simmons SDV, etc.

Do you consider them as vintage and do you own and/or use them still?

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes they are going that way and they can get pretty pricey depending on the module and which drums they are.

I have a set of Yamaha and Simmons in the shop, and they both have problems so I can't get them to work without repairs.

We have a electronicdrumset web site where we keep the catalog scans.

It is basically a sub-culture of collectors in that area of vintage drums. If you look at that Simmons catalog check out the drums with the heads! That is pretty cool stuff.

We get a lot of questions in that area and it is usually how to get the old pads to work on different systems or brains.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Yep. I used to own a Simmons kit and let me tell you....by today's standards for electronics, they are definitely vintage. Also, let us not forget the Syndrum and the Mattell Synsonics drums and of course the INFAMOUS Linn Drum that (supposedly) threatened so many drummers' livelihoods in the 80's! HA! And then there was the Emulator....

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

"I used to work with a drum machine all the time. His name was Al Jackson Jr."-Steve Cropper

I think that sums up the Linn drum machine... :D

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here