Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1970's Rogers Orange Peel

Need some info on this set. Also what is it worth. 12, 13, 16, 18, 22, Big R, Made in USA. I can get it for $490.

1 attachments

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like the two floor toms have different type mounts, or is that just the angle of the picture? One would take round legs, the other may be hex legs. Set up the floor toms and see how the legs sit. Some of the round style have the memriloc clamps splay a little and the legs tend to be at a slight angle. Clear or painted interiors? Says Made In USA on badges? Chrome in good shape and all mounting pieces / legs present?

Thinking $490 is fair with the 18 included as there are not many of them around, expecially in this color, but try to whittle the seller down some anyway. Not the most popular color in the market, so might have wriggle room.

Posted on 15 years ago

It looks like an early Big R set. I say that because the 16" floor tom has the knobby mount and the Memriloc screws are the early style.

I am not familiar with Rogers wrap finishes, but that color does seem familiar. I don't think it's called "Orange Peel" -Is it?

I love MY black cortex Big R drums from that period, but they still don't seem to draw much money. As long as all the tom arms and floor tom legs and Memrilocs are there, it should be a great sounding and VERY road-worthy set of "working man's" drums. They are easy to set up and tear down...but those sizes are not my cup of tea. It really depends on what you're looking for. I'll let the Rogers experts tell you what they think about the price, etc.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here