Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1970s? Pearl need ID

My friend told me they are from the 1970s but is not sure. They have black badges that say just say Pearl in gold letters and underneath Japan in small letters. The set came with the 10 lug Jupiter snare. Also any idea what they are worth? Thanks.

2 attachments
70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Your friend is right ;)

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/pearl_badges.html

With the snare probably about $500. They aren't a sought-after kit, there are a lot of 'em around...although they are certainly respectable enough.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

This era and the one immediately preceding (big hex rod)are my favorite Pearl drums.Very solid hardware,including tom mounts and spurs.Jupiters kick a$$!Put a nice round over edge on the toms and it's the perfect all-around GB set.Not the flashiest color,but,so what?Like my Royce/Export set,I'd seal up the lauan (!)interiors with one of the special interior paint formulas on this site and have at it.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks, the interiors are sealed with a dark gray paint. Now I'm hearing they could be from the 80s.

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago

I would be suprised if they were 80s- more like 70s badges to me. The early mide 70s Pearl were nice- they lost me between 80-90.

I would say the estimate of 500$ is a bit too much for these drums even with a snare considering what drums you can buy with 500$ these days. I would say 350$ is a fair price.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

I agree with the Man from Japan-$350-or wait a week for 5 more to come up on Ebay.There's been a guy up here in Mass.that can't GIVE his 90's Exports away for $125,and they are Selects,with maple interiors.Same style tom mounts and spurs,green lacquer stain.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for all the great info. I also have a bunch of hardware that goes with it that I still have to inventory - maybe another $100 for it then?

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago

In order to give an accurate appraisal,we need a total list.Hi-hat pedal,bass pedal,2 or three stands if really nice might add $100.Knick-nacks add up,can be sold or traded.Period correct or original parts make a nice total package,add value.

Note:according to the Pearl catalog page on this site,the set can be dated to around 1978.Badges,mounts correlate to this catalog.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks, do you have the link to that catalogue page?

70s Slingy WMP
Posted on 14 years ago

I have a 79 catalog I can find and post some pages later tonight possibly- Let me take a look see.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here