Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1970's NYC, Herbie's D6 & '73 Buick Centuries

Man, talk about a mood, this vid is a trip:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqtki6I-VTY&playnext_from=TL&videos=Bp7TAOPk8ho[/ame]

When Herbie's Secrets album came out we were all amazed at this tune. Herbie's D6 clav is nuts good. It's way too long. Herbie has that thing like long Reggae songs where if you're not in the zone it's boring, that just me. The intro gtr lick still takes the cake. I was thinking of it because of that Pubble Buppy song. Don't know why, but I've always been an intro freak. Some of my all time favorite intros:

* Purple Haze (gotta be #1 intro of all time for me)

* Apricot Brandy by Rhinoceros - this was 60's white pre-funk (reminds me of this Herbie song in a way)

* Black Dog - I have never figured out the rhythm on that song and I don't want to because it's too magical and I want to leave it that way

* Wipeout - my sister nearly killed me when I was 10 I played this intro over and over and over and...

* Honky Tonk Woman - another intro I played over and...

* Fire by Hendrix - I taught myself basic drum beats off of this song when I was 13, you might say it's the basis for my playing

sorry to ramble - it's morning here and the coffee just hit ;)

Posted on 14 years ago

Gimme Shelter by the Stones ia another great intro!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here