Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1970 Slingy Sparkling Black Pearl

Picked this kit up a short while ago. It's a 22/13/14/16 with the matching Krupa Sound King snare. It came with a Slingy BD pedal, Slingy Rocket snare stand, three (3) Slingy cymbal stands and the original Slingy bags. The BD has the dual spurs and the badges on all the drums are the Slingy Niles black & silver transitional badges, which I've been told were only available for a short period of time in 1970. I've always loved this particular wrap. Unfortunately, I might have to let this one go (along with several other kits) sometime in the immediate future, as our landlord might be selling the building which we use as our practice facility. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Cool kit OldSchool! Glad you grabbed those as you were talking of a while back. I'm with you man I love that wrap! Hope you don't have to let them go though,she's a classic!

Cheers Stevo.

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 10 years ago

Wow! Beautiful kit. Awesome finish! Hope you never have to sell it!

Posted on 10 years ago

Awesome color awesome kit !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

Darn landlords...you`ve got to find another place to house these drums.That wrap has always been stellar!

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

Beautiful kit, I guess it's just my eyes playing tricks on me but that wrap looks like the very rare Root beer sparkle.

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

rillow64: The wrap actually takes on many appearances, depending on the angle of the light hitting it. In some shots, it appears that the wrap is black with gold sparkles, while in others it appears that it does have the "root beer" look to it.

Posted on 10 years ago

Just browsing through the photos and this kit caught my eye. Very classy, indeed.

Posted on 10 years ago

I was just posting about a 3 piece rootbeer wrapped Slingy. I purchased mine in 1973 and never knew when mine was produced. Like the earlier kit I saw, yours is incredibly similar to mine but my kit was a 4 piece with snare. I've missed it so much and it really hurt to have to sell it in 1978 as I moved on to college. What a mistake that was....good luck and hope you can hang on to yours.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here