Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.44885%

1970-71 Slingerland Modern Solo 2R

Man how clean

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 8 years ago

Such a beautiful looking drum set...

~ A true Gretsch & Camco fanatic ~
Posted on 8 years ago

There's another vintage drum Mark in Southern California?

Cool!

Posted on 8 years ago

OH man those are sweet !

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 8 years ago

Hey guys! Thanks for all the great comments! I do like taking pictures in the front yard. Getting more difficult to keep the grass green with our drought.

Yes, another "Mark" in SoCal!

The "heavy duty" stands are from my 1968 BR kit. I'll continue to use the flush base stands with this kit. Makes for ease of transporting. There's a difference of 12 pounds between the 2 sets of hardware. Yes, I actually weighed them! Too much time on my hands!

They sound great, too! The only issue was with the rack toms. Heads were difficult to fit. Turns out there was no back cut on the bearing edges! The floor tom and bass drum had them and heads fit fine. Took the toms to my friend, Chris Heuer, and he hand filed a nice back cut. They are done so well that they look factory, especially when compared to the bass and floor tom. Heads now fit much better and easier to tune! In true Slingerland workmanship, the level on the toms was questionable! However, we chose to only do the back cut and leave the level as-is. That way, the edges still look factory and there is no missing "chocolate milk"!

The kit was fairly clean when I got it, but with my OCD with drums, I took each drum apart and cleaned/polished/detailed everything! I HATE cleaning drums...but end up doing this to every kit I've ever had. Glad I did!

I hope everyone has a great Happy Thanksgiving!

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

Well theres an interesting kit. Great colour! Lovely condition. Awesome.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 8 years ago