Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

1969 Downbeat Black Oyster Pearl

Hi,

I just purchased a set of 1969 Ludwig Downbeats in Black Oyster Pearl. I have a few questions about them. First, would that finish have still been like the "Ringo" finish or was it the later "bowling ball" finish? Also, the floor tom and bass drum have keystone badges while the mounted tom has a b/o badge. All the serial numbers start with a 7. They have the clear maple interiors with no date stamps that I can find. The sizes are 12", 14"ft and 20" bass. The snare that came with them is just a Standard chrome from the same era but is in good shape. Anyone have an idea of what the insurable value would be on these? No real issues other than some typical light scratches. Thanks for all of your wisdom!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

When you posted pics before, I thought they might be in "bowling ball" finish rather than BOP. Here's a pic of my '72 13x9 tom w/ clear interior an re-rings as an example of the bowling ball finish.

I would'nt worry about the badges, the Blue/Olive ones came out in '69.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, bowling ball. Beautiful set, and rare in those sizes. Probably would go for $1000 to $1500, but I would insure them for $2000 just to be safe.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

A music store around here had a 20,12,14 set just like that but the bass drum was the original oyster black. I was going to get the 12 and 14 but passed because I thought I would never locate a 20" keystone badge bass drum in bowling ball oyster black. Cool set you got!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here