Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

1968 Ludwig Supraphonic Snare + MIJ Tama Swingstar

Hello, all.

I've been playing bass for a few years and I picked up drums.

I don't know much about them.

Sometime in February of 2008, I bought a black MIJ Tama Swingstar (12" and 13" toms, 16" floor tom, 22" bass drum-no resonator heads)

-with a Ludwig snare,

cymbals (the brand looks like 'aimm' -- A-drumstick-M-M) - rusty/dirty 16" crash, dirty 20" ride, dirty 14" hi-hats, Wuhan 12" splash, Wuhan 12" china,

one Pacific boom stand that holds 2 cymbals,

a cowbell,

a Pacific throne,

a blue Paiste soft cymbal case,

Premier hi-hat stand,

WFL snare stand,

and Pearl P-122TW double bass pedals for $220.00 from a guy leaving for the Navy.

A few weeks ago, I found out it was a 1960's snare.

It's a 1968 Ludwig Supraphonic snare and it's stamped 'MAR 8 1968'.

I looked at the snare gallery on the forums and found out it was a Supraphonic snare when I compared it to the 1967 one. Then I Googled it and found a website that had the exact same model.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_84&products_id=265

Looks like everything is the same except for the serial number and date on the stamp.

The serial number on mine is 587101.

What do you guys think? Good snare? Rare? Worth?

Should I hold on to it?

Thanks.

P.S. I can post pics if you'd like.

Posted on 16 years ago

Love the name!Guitar Dude Man

Supraphonic snare drums are one of the best sounding snares out there, in my opinion...and lots of other players will agree with me, too.

Yes, it's worth it, but it's not a "rare" drum. Supras are very common....but still very desirable as well

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Haha. Thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here