Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

1968 Ludwig Hollywood Set

This set of Ludwigs is date stamped Jan 1968, and I've owned them since 1970. All original except Zildjian ride and crash.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

an absolutely amazing looking set, WOW!!!!

i want one, too!!!! Falling Do

Posted on 15 years ago

Sweet kit! Kudos on hanging onto the original hardware. Yours is a bit more subtle than my Mod Orange kit, but not by much! Cool1 Do you play them regularly?

Posted on 15 years ago

Man, between the Mod Orange and the Psych red, I'm starting to have a flashback!!!!Chewie:Chewie:

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I don't know... looks like re-wrapped Japan stencil to me......

APRIL FOOLS!!! Laughing H

Man'o man I got to get me a set of them Ludwig drums!!

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Very very nice! Plenty of green left in those babies for sure! Here is my Dec 12th 1968 psych red rock duo.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Danster: After not playing for far too many years, I've vowed to devote much more time to the things that really matter to me (including drumming) now that I'm retired.

wflkurt: Wow, your Duo's are obviously closely related to mine. However, my left foot would be lost in space if I tried to play your set. BTW, I read on another thread that the green colors have a tendency to fade, but I sure haven't detected anything of the sort with mine. Being located in the northern part of the country, I have always had them in a basement rec room over the years, so maybe that's helped to minimize the effect of sunlight.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Posted on 15 years ago

Trapper,

Good luck getting back into it! I didn't play much for about 25 years after graduating from college but joined up with some semi-serious musicians about a year ago. It's been great. I'm even practicing my rudiments again -- and teaching my 9 year-old son to play. It's never too late!

Danster

Posted on 15 years ago

From Danster63

Trapper,Good luck getting back into it! I didn't play much for about 25 years after graduating from college but joined up with some semi-serious musicians about a year ago. It's been great. I'm even practicing my rudiments again -- and teaching my 9 year-old son to play. It's never too late!Danster

I agree with you there....its never too late to go back. I put playing down for a long time as well.....18 years or so......I decided to pick it up again about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I have more fun now i think than I did then!

Posted on 15 years ago

From Trapper1

Danster: After not playing for far too many years, I've vowed to devote much more time to the things that really matter to me (including drumming) now that I'm retired.wflkurt: Wow, your Duo's are obviously closely related to mine. However, my left foot would be lost in space if I tried to play your set. BTW, I read on another thread that the green colors have a tendency to fade, but I sure haven't detected anything of the sort with mine. Being located in the northern part of the country, I have always had them in a basement rec room over the years, so maybe that's helped to minimize the effect of sunlight. Thanks for the kind comments.

Yes you are very lucky. The greens in those sets are notorious for turning white. They look pretty bad after that. You have managed to keep your set in fine condition which really helps it's value. Mod orange also fades as well. The purple colors tend to turn sort of greyish or white. They must definately be kept out of direct sunlight.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here