Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1968 Ludwig Hollywood Gold Sparkle

I am the second owner of this Ludwig gold sparkle kit, and I acquired it when I was in high school in the mid 70s from the original owner. The set is in excellent condition with original plys with no peeling.

The kit includes:

14" x 22" bass drum

8" x 12" mounted tom

9" x 13" mounted tom

16" x 16" floor tom

I replaced one rim on the bass when I was in high school, otherwise it is all original. The first owner drilled one small 1/8"inch hole in the bottom of the bass (I presume to run a mic wire), but otherwise they are pretty pristine.

Attached pictures show the entire set, but this sale only includes the four drums. Other items are for sale separately.

Lots more pictures can be found here.

Here's the ad on Ebay.

The kit looks and sounds great, you won't be disappointed!

Asking $1600 plus $100 shipping.

Posted on 5 years ago

Changed to $1500 plus buyer pays shipping.

Posted on 5 years ago

Great kit wish you luck

price is right

it’s that Hollywood’s are not hot

if it was a downbeat it be gone already

Or even super classic

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

There's a champagne sparkle downbeat for less that hasn't sold and it's been up for months.

Posted on 5 years ago

Yes but it has 2 extra holes and it band o badge

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

That is a beautiful set, the finish is lovely and it's my favourite shell era - I have the matching set, including the snare. Good luck with the sale - my favourite ever finish! Long live Ludwig Gold Sparkle! (Enough with the Canadian spelling already.)

Muchas gracias - El Stinko
Posted on 5 years ago

Sold for $1100 plus shipping on ebay.

Posted on 5 years ago

Love gold sparkle drums!

Posted on 5 years ago

You gave those away congrats

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 5 years ago

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay...

I'm happy they are in the hands of someone I think will enjoy and use them, so all is good!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here