Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1968 Ludwig Black Panther

After an accidental thread delete, here we go again:D

I recently purchased a beautiful set of '68 Ludwigs in Black Panther wrap 22 / 13 / 16. There are one or two small scuff marks and a small tear on the kick, but they are in general in great condition. I normally use Coated Ambassadors on my vintage Luddies but these came with clear Emperors and man, do they sound HUGE!!! I tuned them low and they can compete with any modern kit insofar as big sound and volume is concerned. I really rate this kit and it will definitely be set up for a good while before changing it out for something else. Here's some pics!

Cheers

Erik

3 attachments
148.8 kB
134.6 kB
149.5 kB
Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 2 years ago

Sorry guys - on my display the pics appear to be rotated to lie on their sides. Even on the re-post this still happens. Don't know what the reason for that it and I can't seem to fix it.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Black Label

Sorry guys - on my display the pics appear to be rotated to lie on their sides. Even on the re-post this still happens. Don't know what the reason for that it and I can't seem to fix it.

Let me see if I can help you out!

-Mark

3 attachments
120.4 kB
129.8 kB
125.3 kB
Posted on 2 years ago

From idrum4fun

Let me see if I can help you out!-Mark

Aha!!Walking Thanks so much Mark - much appreciated. How the heck did you get that right? (for future reference):confused:

Posted on 2 years ago

Shout out to Mark. He always helps with that task!

Rare bird there Black Label. Enjoy it.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Dan Boucher

Shout out to Mark. He always helps with that task!Rare bird there Black Label. Enjoy it.

Thank you Dan :)

Posted on 2 years ago

A small tear on the kick,.....Hmmmm..... So what is under the tear ?

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 2 years ago

Suspense is stifling!

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

LOL!!! Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately) there's just wood under it - if it was what you all hope for, I don't know what I would have done:D:D:D

But I'd be lying if I said that it was not the first that I checked :-)

Posted on 2 years ago

From Black Label

Aha!!Walking Thanks so much Mark - much appreciated. How the heck did you get that right? (for future reference):confused:

I use a program called Irfanview. It's been around for quite some time and, for me, is indispensable for working with photos! As an example, when iPhone owners shoot a picture, they normally hold the iPhone in the vertical, or up, position. While this works for sending the picture to other iPhone users, it will result in rotated pictures when downloaded to computer and posted online. The proper way to shoot with an iPhone is to hold the iPhone horizontal! I learned this through research, as I was having the same issue when posting pictures online. I don't know if this applies to Android phones, though!

I also use another program called Caesium to reduce the picture file size while not degrading the picture quality. Many of you may know that I post the majority of my pictures on VDF at the maximum size allowed, so that everyone can clearly see my drums and restoration projects. Using both Irfanview and Caesium to manipulate my pictures is time consuming...but the only way for me to be able to upload to VDF.

As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words", so why not post pictures the best they can be?!!

Sorry for the long explanation, but I just wanted to explain how I do it!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here