Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1967 Rogers Tower Red sparkle

Can anyone tell me what a 12"/14"/20" red sparkle Cleveland era, all tags and badges and all original parts kit would be worth? It's in very good to excellant condition. I'm in the process of taking pix. The only problem is, in 1974 I had the Bass modified to accommadate a double tom mount. I still have the Rogers badge they had to remove which is till in tact and clean. I'm just wondering how much this would diminish their value. They are still the best sounding drums I ever had. I'm wondering if I could restore the Bass somehow or just leave it alone. Is it even worth it? Thanks for any constructive feedback and Thanks for forum...band3

Posted on 14 years ago

Did you put a Rogers double tom mount on it or some other brand? If it's Rogers and the job was done professionally, the hit would be minimal. If otherwise, ... ouch.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]This probably should have been posted in a different section.

Nevertheless, I agree with McJ....if it's a Rogers part (the double mount) you are likely in good shape...if it's not, then it's gonna drop the value a good $100 probably. Please tell us you didn't put in one of those Pearl-type tube systems, though......

Without seeing the kit....somewhere along a market value of about $600-750. Towers aren't the most sought-after models...for some reason, the double-ended lug models of ALL of the major vintage companies just tend to go for less than the single-ended versions.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

It has an old Ludwig tom mount on it. I was thinking of replacing it with a Rogers Big-R mount from the 70s. I have a Rogers Swiv-o-matic adaptor for the arm so at least it would be a Rogers mount.

Posted on 14 years ago

Going with a Rogers part might serve you better I think. The key point is no extra holes- to me the extra holes will really take the price down.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Local shop recently sold the same spec kit. Even was red. $500.00 I shoulda grabbed it. Settled for a 12/16/20 Holiday project......Bill D.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here