Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

1967 Jazzette??? Gold Sparkle

Hello everyone. I got a great deal on this kit with all the trimmings at a yard sale of all places.(you probably don't want to know what I paid) The serial is 564654. So I think it's a 67 and from the pics I saw it looks like a jazzette. Any insights? I'm just curious as to what I got.

The stickers show that is came from Franks Drum Shop in Chicago. It also came wth a Rogers snare, cymbals, and a box of goodys. Thanks for taking a look.

4 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

They look beautiful! A Jazzette would have the sizes 18-12-14 with the bass drum being 12x18 rather than 14x18, and generally has the rail at the top center of the bass drum, so it doesn't look like this is what you have. Your sizes look like 14x20, 9x13, and 16x16...correct me if I'm wrong. This isn't an official catalog size, but that's certainly not a big deal. The closest outfits were the Downbeat (20-12-14) and the Super Classic (22-13-16).

Regardless, your drums look to be in excellent condition. Your finish is called Champagne Sparkle...the real Gold Sparkle is an orange color (often mistakenly called Orange Sparkle.)

Let's see that Rogers snare!

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks! I realize I struck gold when I found these.(or champgne as it may be) You are spot on with the measuements.

Also I looked at the cymbals, not all are marked but one of the hi-hats says zenjian and a crash ride says Zanchie(italy).

Here is the snare, it's a 14x5

Posted on 15 years ago

Super beautiful time-capsule find. Clearly a working drummer set up. All the extras just make it. I love it!!!flower

Posted on 15 years ago

Oh, We do want to know what you paid!!!

Posted on 15 years ago

Well you asked and this by far blows away any deal I have every gotten at a yard sale. I had been wanting a drum set for awhile and saw the yard sale ad mentioned a drum set. I check them out in their soft cases and already know it's exactly what I wanted. I ask how much and she says $300 at this point I'm ready to throw the money down and get out of there, but I kept my composure and cooly offered $150. She barely blinked and said yes. I made a beeline to the atm and paid up. When I got back they had brought out all the cymbals and the trunk that I was even aware came with it.

I also bought an oil painting from her for $30 that ended up being worth $850.

Posted on 15 years ago

best deal ever..

Posted on 15 years ago

The only thing I see at yard sales are old cloths and broken junk.

Bopworks Hickory Jazz Drumsticks
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgimino
Posted on 15 years ago

Holy *#$&!!!! I dream about stuff like this. Awesome! Bowing

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm digging every thing in that picture. You even have the fender and vox to the left.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here