Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1967 Beverley

I've seen the Bev 5 lug hoops on Ebay, they pop up once in a while. So keep an eye out there.

Both kits are killers!

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks alot.

Yes, utility1, be careful about replacement hoops because of the size issue and the 5-lug set up. Gear is expensive enough without spending $$ on things that don't fit. Vintage Beverley or mid-1960s Premier is probably a good place to start. Luckily, mine had all the original hoops. I only considered new hoops for the tom when I had trouble finding heads that fit. But with this vintage stuff, my understanding is the more original you can keep it, the better.

JRichard points out you see Beverley stuff online occassionally. I agree. I've seen Beverley hoops and even Beverley drums from that era. They are not as prevalent as more well-known brands. So, have some patience (i.e., don't drill any new holes in the drums!....unless you really feel you have to...) and keep an eye out and eventually you should find parts you need.

As far as the bass drum and snare, I had no problems just putting standard-size 14" heads on the snare, and a standard 20" head on the kick. The only real problem was the 12" tom. As you can see from the pic, mine did NOT have a matching floor tom, so I don't know anything about that drum (but I'd like to find one to add to the set....lol). If its the same width as the snare, however, I'd imagine a standard 14" head would work there, too.

Anyway, great set! Good luck on the parts hunt.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here