Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1967 5pc W & A perfection drumkit

hi all,

I'm new here,

I was hoping someone here could shed some light on a drumkit I bought 7-8 yrs ago. It's a 5pc W & A perfection drumkit and

is signed by "RGB" one of the drums says newton , ma. with a later date of 1971 all others are dated 1967 ,balck oyster swirl .

sizes are 12x9, 13x10,14x16ft,16x16ft,20x14bs. (no snare).

drumkit has gretsch hdwr., hoops, lugs, mounts with hexagon lugs.

I have only seen one other drumkit online by W & A , a couple of snares and misc stuff.. over several yrs now

I was wondering what this drum kit is roughly worth?

It's in decent shape and I have found some orig. w & a hdwre from repercussions in NH.

any info / estimate would be great.... Thanks , Phil, [email]philadc@comcast.net[/email]

Posted on 19 years ago

I agree, there is limited information on those drums. I recently saw a post on another forum about the same topic, and it also had limited information.

I think like any vintage set of that time frame it has value, but when they are not common in the market or have a precedence in the community it is hard to value.

If the drums are Black Oyster, I would like to see a picture since that was a very popular Ludwig color. That being said any vintage set in color that is not common will carry more value.

My estimate without the snare is between $800 and $1200. This is the same range I give a Ludwig or Slingerland of that era in standard sizes. Although you have double floor toms and a nice jazz bass drum it might get more. (That also depends on the condition of the drums and if the hardware is also part of the set)

I do not know to many W&A collectors so I think the buying market is limited, unlike Radio King collectors or early Ludwig Collectors etc..

Once again I refrain from trying to be an expert and only offer my personal opinion, now if you only had the matching snare!!!

Other more knowledgeable pricers on the forum might shed some light on the topic.

David

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here