Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1966/'67 Slingerland Radio King COB Snare-6.5" x 14"-10 Lug Model #142

Greetings,

It's in very good shape overall. The only real issue is that a previous owner swapped out the original throw off for a Ludwig P-85, so there are two extra small holes to accommodate the P-85. The four original strainer holes have been covered with screws/nuts that are just snug, not too tight. The previous owner also installed a Ludwig P-32 butt plate, but the holes line up perfectly, so no extra holes there. There are a few dings in the shell here and there, but overall this drum is in excellent condition. Everything else is original, including the COB stick saver hoops (at least I'm assuming they are COB, as a magnet does not stick to the hoops, or the shell)

There is no date stamp inside the shell, but to the best of my knowledge the Serial Number (105640) puts it at 1966 or 1967. It has the Copper Niles Script Badge. The catalog photo differentiating the Radio King from the Sound King model is from the 1967 catalog.

From what I understand, and from some research I have done, you don't see very many of these floating around. Most of the snares from this era are Sound Kings with the Zoomatic strainer. Also, again to the best of my knowledge, the 10 lug, 6.5" deep models are rarer still.

A solid COB workhorse. $300 plus shipping. If anyone would like more pictures; I'll be happy to provide them. Just send me a PM with your email address.

Thanks,

V

5 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

A few more pictures................

The catalog pages show the Sound King vs the Radio King. As far as I can tell, the only difference between them was the strainer. Again, the catalog pictures are from the 1967 issue.

Posted on 5 years ago

I'm open to offers on this. I'll also include a really nice padded bag in like new condition.

Thanks.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here