Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

1966 Pearl WMP kit

As said in the Asba topic , here's more on my Pearl 1966 WMP kit .

I bought the kit last july for 150,- euro's (approx. 170 usd ) from an older drummer in his 80's .

The story goes that this would be the very first Pearl kit being sold in belgium . Even before these were availlale in the shops . His father , also a drummer , knew the distributor of Pearl in belgium . It was his first drum kit after doing his military duty at the age of 18 . He used it all his live until i bought it last month .

The kit has seen several modification throughout the years . The original WMP wrap is still in very good condition and has "aged" nicely .

I bought the kit to be used in our next musical , on stage , june 2016 .

As we will have a live band ( drums , upright bass , piano and maybe some horns ) and the play will be something Andrew Sister like , i wanted the drum kit to fit the stage setting .

Pictures are taken with my phone , so not really good quality .

Posted on 9 years ago

That is a beautiful set. Very rarely does the chrome hold up on these MIJ's.

Posted on 9 years ago

A shame he had to modify the kit like he did with the modern, none original parts.

FT mounts (easily replaceable with the originals), BD spurs (will leave extra holes?) and the obvious one, the tom mount on the tom (which will leave extra holes).

Other than that, what a beauty!

Quite remarkable how well it has been kept up - and proves that Vintage MIJs can indeed be very nice. I bet it sounds fantastic too! Should have the thinner shells with the rerings - the better of the shell type of the MIJs (IMHO).

Is it 12,14,20,14sn?

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

They are indeed the thinner Shells .

Sizes are : BD 22 x 14 , FT 16 x 14 , Tom 13 x 9 and a 14 x 5,5 snare .

Although not original , modifications are done with Pearl hardware . Except for the FT Mounts , that i don't know . Original spurs are still on the underside of the BD . But i don't have the feet .

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here