Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1966 Ludwig Super Classics

For your enjoyment, here is my new, 50 year old Ludwig Super Classics. For the folks not following my thread, I found these in the back of an old shop in Delaware in need of a TLC. They had been spray painted black and were with some other goodies including a 70's Dynasonic. While the badges were missing, as well as the rail mount, and there were some extra holes drilled into the top of the 20x14 bass drum. Needless to say, I needed professional help. After removing all the hardware, I sent the shells to Precision Drum for a rewrap in 60's Oyster Black, filling of the holes, and a recut of the bearing edges. Some 30 or so hours of cleaning chrome, a few new rubber feet, all new heads, and wella! I present these mid 60's(12" tom has date stamp of Sept 8, 1966) Ludwig Super Classics, 12x8, 16x16, and 20x14 Bass Drum. They sound amazing!

Drum Kits
1965 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Blue
1966 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Black
1969 Ludwig BB Blue Oyster Keystone Clubdate
1971 Ludwig BB Black Oyster
Early 60's Camco Oaklawns Champagne Sparkle
Posted on 8 years ago

Wow! Great kit!

Posted on 8 years ago

Nice save! Bet they do sound great

Posted on 8 years ago

Those turned out very nice. Good save. Bet they sound nice.

Mike

Posted on 8 years ago

I have since added some reproduction Keystone badges thanks to my oldkentuckeydrums. Those badges are outstanding reproductions by the way.

They just looked odd without badges. Really added the final touch!Yes Sir

Drum Kits
1965 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Blue
1966 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Black
1969 Ludwig BB Blue Oyster Keystone Clubdate
1971 Ludwig BB Black Oyster
Early 60's Camco Oaklawns Champagne Sparkle
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here