Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1966 Ludwig Snaredrum, Chrome or Brass?

Hello all,

I recently aquired a WMP (Ludwig) Snare drum 4x14 with gold keystone emblem with serial number. Date stamp inside drum is dated 2/14/1966.

I'm almost positive it is chrome but how can I tell for sure?? Could it be brass? It needs to be polished otherwise in pretty nice condition. Any recommendations on a cleaner/polish to use??? There is a little rust on the hoops but should come off easily.Everything else is in tact.

Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Let's clarify??

WMP - White Marine Pearl

Or are you saying this is a brass shell drum or a wood drum finished in WMP?

Let's see a picture of what the drum is. The 4 x 14 is a desirable drum.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

My mistake....I was thinking WFL but it's not. It is a 1966 Ludwig and the size is actually 5 1/2 x 14 . It has a p83 throw off and baseball bat dampner and 10 lugs. I'm still wondering if it's chrome over brass or chrome.....or maybe something else. HELP????

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

If your snare has a serial # on the badge and a white felt baseball bat muffler, then you can bet it's not a chrome over brass shell. All Ludwig snare drums with chrome over brass shells had no serial #s on the keystone badge, but this didn't necessarily mean that the shell was brass. There were a few snare drums from that time period (early 60's) that were not brass shells. Hope this helps.

Ludwig Dude

Posted on 17 years ago

Here is a little article I created for this purpose and to help with this popular topic.

Click Here

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here