Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1966 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl 22" Super Classic bass drum wanted

ITEM FOUND! THANKS

BumpBump

Hi! Just an update to my previous WANTED TO BUY posting.....

I acquired a 1966 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl 16 " floor tom in excellent condition to go with my 1966 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl 13 " rack tom in excellent condition ; the wraps match very well!

but am still looking for :

- 1966​ Ludwig 14x22 bass drum in oyster black pearl wrap with Super Classic lug configuration

-Looking for a structurally sound drum (in round with good bearing edges) with/without rail mount and the tom holder ; no cracks, rot or repairs please.

-Small rail mount bolt holes are fine but no double tom diamond mount holes please

-minor fade and browning okay

-prefer complete with lugs/tension rods and claws and batter and resonant heads

-complete original oyster black wrap and original white Resacoat paint and interior black date stamp indicating month and day and 1966 as the year built. Prefer both hoops with complete inlay in decent shape

I am sticking specifically to a 1966 bass drum as I find there is a better chance of wrap match since the floor tom and rack tom match so well (one from early 66 and one from late 66)

-not looking for a collectors grade drum ; players grade is great especially if item has extra rail mount holes

Sorry about the long-winded detailed list but just want to give Forum members a clear idea of what I am interested.

I would also like to thank various Forum members including MLayton, Drumguy1988 and Human71 for their encouragement/support/leads/conversations and for keeping an eye out for me in my quest . Also for sharing information about these drums with me. This really is a great Forum to be part of!

Again, my plan is to build a 1966 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl Super Classic orphan set as a sibling to my 65 Ludwig Oyster Blue Pearl Super Classic set; neither set is for resale .

Help from all Forum members would certainly be appreciated! I understand many were sold in Great Britain as well as Canada and the United States so would ask for help also from my U.K. colleagues!

Chris

Posted on 6 years ago

Hello Chris,

I believe that I have what you are looking for (or at least maybe you can help me find a good home for them). I recently acquired a '65 Ludwig Oyster Pearl Bass drum and Tom Tom (along with assorted pedals, sticks and other items). As I am not a drum aficionado, perhaps I can give you the serial numbers, and pictures from every angle and you can tell me if this is what you want or help me craft an ad for these.

The drums also came with a Traynor Tube Amp; I will send those pics as well if you are interested.

So, these are form the original owner. The mother told me he played them about 20 times in the late 60s and then sort of let the set get dispersed amongst friends who never returned the rest of the cymbals, snares etc. So there are only the two pieces left.

They have the original fabric covers (although they are a bit brittle) and have been sitting in a basement for almost 50 years!!! Everything looks original to me but I will let you be the judge of that.

Can I send them to you directly or would you rather I post here? My email is [email]max@vadessa.com[/email] If you send me yours I will send the pics and any info that you want. I will also give you my number. I am in Calgary.

Posted on 6 years ago

PM sent, thanks!

Posted on 6 years ago

Good luck Chris!

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks Mike for the support.

They turned out to be a sky blue pearl ...which is a beautiful wrap on its own but not what I am looking for so the search continues

I mentioned to the gentleman to post photos of what he has on VDF and let the members help him value, condition etc etc with it so maybe he will post...

Chris

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here