Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

1966 Ludwig Hollywood set WMP

Briging these back to life after about 30 years in storage. They are looking great. I have a slight lift on one side of the WMP seam on the BD in the middle of the drum-very minor but I'd like to repair it since I've got them all apart. Any advice on the best way to reglue this seam? I know that pvc glue works well with the new covers but I'm not sure the old vintage covers are PVC. Any advice appreaciated. Once finished, I'll post some pictures.Might even consider a sell.--THanks Ken

Posted on 15 years ago

Congrats on the '66! I just finished resto on a 65 Hollywood set that my father finally let go of. Same situation, they were in storage also. I lucked out, finishes were still glued. I rather wished he would have waited a year, did the 66 series have a 12 and 13 tom? '65 had two 12's. Mine had all the original hardware, cymbals, and throne (red seat). I do have a question for you, does your have the period hat stand? If so, were you able to 'un-gum' it to get it to react as it should? Mine is sticky, so using a newer stand right now.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello 65Hollywood--Yes my kit came with the 12 and 13 Toms on top. They are date stamped 9/15/1966 on the shell although not all of the shells have the stamp. I bought them as a matched kit brand new. The hi-hat and pedal came with the kit although I have somehow misplaced the hi hat over the years. I'm sure it will turn up someplace. I have bought Pearl hardware to replace the old stuff. I like the Pearl eliminator pedals. By the way, I researched the seam issue and was successful with glueing the seam on the BD back in place. Once I get them totally back. I would like to find out what they are worth. If you have an idea, please let me know.--Ken

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here