Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1966 Luddy restoration

I picked up these Luddy shells(20,14,12,5x14 pioneer) recently and have started restoring them. The 14 was a single tension but has now been drilled/filled to match the others. As you can see, the inside of the BD needs re-painting but I don't want to cover the 1966 date stamp(I know, it's hard to read). Any ideas? Leave it? Mask off the date? I plan on re-covering them in BOP. (I always wanted a Ringo kit... this'll get me close) I'll post more pix when done.

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Either don't repaint it, or definitely mask off the stamp...you don't wanna cover the stamp.

Looks like a cool project....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Well, I finally finished the project. I nursed it along as long as I could,savoring every minute. Anyway, thanx to Andrea, Gary and George at Precision Drum. Their BOP and Ludwig eyelets are great! I also incorporated my

"poor-man's memri-lock" system for the tom holder and cymbal holder using 3/8" hose clamps (lining-up the screw on the clamp with the wing nut on the holder) see pix.. Also shown is the Ace hardware $1.24 eyelet tool...amazing!. I installed Ludwig Heavy (1ply) on the batter side of snare and toms, Ludwig Mediums on the resonant side, Remo Smooth Power stroke on BD batter and Ludwig heavy BD on Resonant. THEY SOUND GREAT! The BD logo is from Vintage Logos.Oh yes, thanx to all of you guys at the Forum for all your advice

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks reeeeeaaaallly nice, man! Congratulations, "Ringo"! ;);)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah, what a great resurrection !!!!! Nice work ![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Great job looks amazing.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Wow!! Awsome job for sure! I would love to find some 20,12,14 shells and do a mod orange set just like yours. Very nice!!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here