Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

1966 Gretsch RB in Silver Satin Flame

Here we have the classic scenario of a floor tom missing. Such is the case with the latest addition to my collection. The Gretsch Progressive Jazz Outfit consists of a 14x20 bass drum, an 8x12 tom, 5.5x14 snare and a 14x14 floor tom. In my case, the floor tom is missing. To make the search even harder, the drums are wrapped in the rare silver satin flame and are in excellent shape with few issues. Finding drums in general in this wrap in this good of shaper is hard. Finding that 14x14 floor tom will be very difficult. But the search is a HUGE part of the vintage drum fun. And I already have been looking but here’s a perfect opportunity to let you all know that I’m looking for a 1960’s Gretsch Round Badge 14x14 floor tom in sliver satin flame!

And sometimes a substitute will also work until you find that matching floor tom. In my case, I was able to locate a brand new 16x14 BroadKaster floor tom with the modern version of silver satin flame from Bentleys Drum Shop in Fresno CA. Under stage lights you cannot really tell the difference but for now, a perfect show worthy substitute and I’ve already used this set on several gigs and the drums sound amazing. All the drums have the original Gretsch Perma Tone heads and still sound great. ;)

5 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

Spectacular kit !!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 4 years ago

Sooooo nice, great kit and i will keep my eyes open for your 14" ft

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 4 years ago

couple few years back cymbalholic/dfo/ ' Neal Pert" national endowment- Mark- had a 22/20/12/13/14/16/sn/ all in white satin flame. RB.

Finding that certain drum is a matter of timing...at times...

(silver

``````````

https://www.google.com/search?q=gretsch+silver+satin+flame&sxsrf=ACYBGNQaLs43MVnXf7Kfb_J9-bqcH_fMaQ:1578320792348&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjko62Rl-_mAhVRrVkKHaYxCg0Q_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1094&bih=486&dpr=1.25#imgrc=D20mwE9nRKYjbM:

````````````

have to follow up and see if these like this got sold and

https://reverb.com/au/item/9881128-gretsch-14x14-floor-tom-1964-white-satin-flame

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 4 years ago

OK...I can see the difference!! LoLoLoLo Seriously, though, this is such a great kit, Mark! And, yes, the hunt is part of the fun! I hope you find that illusive 14x14 in Silver Satin Flame!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Anybody in SoCal want to buy this kit? 1700 Local pick up only

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here