Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

1965/66 Ludwig OBP Super Classic

UPDATE: Changes to set

- 1966 ? Pioneer in original Oyster Black Pearl (estimate from serial number;no date stamp)

-New original oyster black pearl inlays in both bass drum hoops (first 2 photos show old reproduction inlays; 3rd photo shows original inlays)

-Recent Ludwig 1123 flat base hi hat stand

Received this just after Christmas! Sizes are 22/16/13 with my rewrapped 80's Ludwig Rocker snare. Wrap is in beautiful condition with some discolouring. No extra holes on bass drum . Set is not perfect but I am very happy with it. Inlays are reproduction.

Set may have been made of orphans (not assembled by me) but the wraps blend well so it looks great.

Based on serial numbers, bass is estimated as 1966 (no date stamp) , floor tom is estimated at late 1965 (no date stamp) and rack tom is estimated at 1966 . This has been my "dream kit" for a long time and now it joins my 65 Oyster Blue Pearl Super Classic set.

My pictures do not do it justice. but the silver does "pop". Thanks for encouragement from many people including MLayton, Cochlea , DeansDrums59 and Drumguy1988. Great supportive forum!

3 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

Beautiful. Congrads Chris.

Posted on 5 years ago

Thank you, Scott. Hope you find that butcher block floor tom you need.

Posted on 5 years ago

Nice, nice. What a classic that is!

Posted on 5 years ago

Thanks Dan, it's the set I have wanted for years...

Posted on 5 years ago

Lovely set, Ludwigboy. Glad to see the drums with all correct hardware. Congratulations.

Posted on 5 years ago

Now that’s very fine very fine

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

Wait until you see Chris' newest find!

Posted on 5 years ago

Man now we are waiting with baited breath lol

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here