Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

1965 Rogers BR w/WMP Dynasonic

I want to THANK all the guys that have written to request a FRONT VIEW of my '65 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity kit... and truthfully, I was amazed at how many of you wrote! So... I located a front view which was also taken during one of the Frank Sinatra Show dates that I did this summer. I will describe the kits makeup:

14X22

8X12

14X14

16X16

5X14 wood Dynasonic snare drum

All hardware is Rogers Swivo, including a Swivo-Matic bass drum pedal... of course! I have been playing Swivo-Matic bass drum pedals for years, regardless of kit manufacturer... but my main drums are always... Rogers! :-)

I switched out the 9X13 and other 16X16 for the 8X12 and 14X14. For this particular gig, these sizes supplied the tonal spread I wanted... and ... they certainly blend with the kit very well too. I opted for a center location on the rack tom mount as I felt that it puts the tom in a much better playing position. The use of a Rogers #363 extended center section tom arm makes the rack tom location a breeze! ( I have been asked about this mount location many times! )

The two floor toms can be seen to excellent advantage in this shot, as well as their "angle" of tilt. They are in reality, just about flat.

THANKS again for all the interest, and I hope you enjoy this view as well!

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Beautiful kit! Classy!

Posted on 15 years ago

I'm not usually a Rogers type of guy but wooooweee that is the best looking vintage kit I have seen.

BTW Tommy, am I correct in guessing you're booked with gigs and can;t come to the show this year again?

Dang if so.

Bopworks Hickory Jazz Drumsticks
http://www.youtube.com/user/mgimino
Posted on 15 years ago

Shucks that's a great little clip... I keep a set of sticks in the center console and play along on the steering wheel with smooth jazz 103.5 all the way to work.

Keeps me calm, relaxed and under 80mph (most days).

I think I'll take your straight-on shot and photoshop myself in behind the kit... "Yeah baby, that's me behind the Rogers kit up on the stage!"

;)

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here