Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1965 Red Sparkle Ludwig

I recently received a set of what I believe to be a set of 1965 Ludwig drums.

I found a date stamp in the floor tom which is Jan. 24, 1965. They all have the brass grommet intact with a low 100,000 serial number. I have Snare , Tom, Bass, and floor Tom. However I am missing the skin from face of the bass that would say Ludwig, the mount that would attach the tom to the bass and the piece that mounts on the bottom side of the snare. Forgive me for my ignorance on knowing the actual names for these items. The drums are in nice shape. The metal could use some polish but not in bad shape. The black paint around the bass is chipping also. I am afraid to clean the, as I do not want to damage them. Trying to get a rough estmate of what they are worth in this condition. I know they are highly collectable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww180/malibu78/Mobile%20Uploads/1260209351.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Josh

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi, Josh, The Snare Drum Is Called A Jazz Festival All The Other Drums Are The Classics Shells This Is A Great A Collectable Kit, Can You Give Us Better Pics Of The Kit And Take Shots Ot The Inside Shells, Will Be A Big Help, Mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Hi, Josh, The Snare Drum Is Called A Jazz Festival All The Other Drums Are The Classics Shells This Is A Great A Collectable Kit, Can You Give Us Better Pics Of The Kit And Take Shots Ot The Inside Shells, Will Be A Big Help, Mark

Will get more pics tonight. One of the toms you see is not a ludwig. It just came in the Bundle. Thanks Mark

Posted on 14 years ago

Sorry disregard my last email. I just noticed that the bass drum and one of the toms are from a clubdate style set.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

You can see on top of the bass, someone cut a 2" hole to accept that bracket that is on it. Had a guy come look at them last night. He said the snare was a very nice 8 lug. He said he would give me 200 for all of it and that only thing he wanted was the snare. Seems the floor tom and the other tom would be worth something right? Also was told that one of the cymbals was a 60's zildjian (SP)hi hat that would be worth 3-400 but has 2 hairline cracks by the mounting hole, which makes it worth nothing. I didnt take the offer. I was afraid that I was trying to be had because I didnt know much about them.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Malibu01

You can see on top of the bass, someone cut a 2" hole to accept that bracket that is on it. Had a guy come look at them last night. He said the snare was a very nice 8 lug. He said he would give me 200 for all of it and that only thing he wanted was the snare. Seems the floor tom and the other tom would be worth something right? Also was told that one of the cymbals was a 60's zildjian (SP)hi hat that would be worth 3-400 but has 2 hairline cracks by the mounting hole, which makes it worth nothing. I didnt take the offer. I was afraid that I was trying to be had because I didnt know much about them.

You were smart not to sell the snare for that - it should be worth a lot more than that. Take your time to figure out what you have, and don't sell any part of this until you know what you have and what it is worth. There is no reason for you to be in a rush - take your time and enjoy them while you have them.

Posted on 14 years ago

From 4MoreYearsOhNo

You were smart not to sell the snare for that - it should be worth a lot more than that. Take your time to figure out what you have, and don't sell any part of this until you know what you have and what it is worth. There is no reason for you to be in a rush - take your time and enjoy them while you have them.

Great advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

Excellent advice! If you have a pet, in the future you might allow them to relieve upon the seats of someone that unethical. That schmuck was a thief.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here