Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

1965 Ludwig snare...Jazz festival or Pioneer???

Hello,

I am new to this site but it has been helpful to me on one old drum kit that was given to me. However I am having some trouble identifing an old Ludwig snare. It has a date stamp on the inside of 1965 and has the keystone badge i guess. I am not sure if it is a Pioneer or a Jazz festival and not sure what the difference is. Can someone help me please. I cannot take any pictures of it right now but I am sure that would help.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello. A jazzfest has eight lugs while a pioneer has six. also a jazzfest should have a p-83 strainer. If that drum has eight lugs and classic strainer then the drum would be a super classic. What color is the drum?

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks. It is an eight lug and from what I can tell has the P-83 strainer it has a baseball bat muffler original snare wire, hoopes, tension rods, and lugs. Its got some rusty areas that I would like to clean up but not sure how and it is a silver sparkle finish that is starting to fade a little. So from the sound of things this is a jazz fest. What is worth more the jazz fest or the pioneer?

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here