Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1965 Ludwig Classic WMP

here is another grab from the big sale in Ohio last week. These are so cool. Original heads all around. Now do I clean them?

1 attachments
128.4 kB
1965 Ludwig Super Classic WMP (22-13-16)
1965 Club Date/Downbeat Combo Blue Sparkle
Cleveland Rogers COB Powertone snare
1965 Ludwig Supra Snare
Posted on 12 years ago

That's a nice purchase. Clean the drums; not sure about the heads.

Enjoy those.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 12 years ago

thats the set i was looking at in the pics nice score is it a downbeat or classic "sweeter than a wine softer than a summer night"

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago

How do you tell the difference? This is still basement fresh, really excited!Walking

1965 Ludwig Supra Snare
Posted on 12 years ago

I think that's a classic, 13,16,22, the downbeat would have been a 12,14,20, very nice drums, congats!

Posted on 12 years ago

Yes Classic 13, 16, 22. Cool Dude Nice to know.

1965 Ludwig Supra Snare
Posted on 12 years ago

Beautiful drums you have there.I used some watered down Dawn dishwashing liquid with an old t shirt to clean my 47 WMP radio king,and it did a great job.Just be careful not to let it drip into the interior of the shell and especially keep it away from the date stamp..it will wipe it right off.

Steve B

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks tamadrm, I just did a set of Ludwig Standards, used Novus 2 and Turtle Wax and they came out like new. The insides are in pretty good shape so they'll just get a dusting. I'll go all out and wrap the lug springs in felt and so on. I'm sure i'll post pictures when all done.

Jumping2

1965 Ludwig Supra Snare
Posted on 12 years ago

Those truly are "classics"! The WMP wrap is the classiest of all the vintage wraps IMHO. Visions of Krupa and Rich abound every time I see one! Looking forward to seeing your pics once you clean 'em up. I've used Meguiar's ColorX on my WMP kits several times in the past and have been totally totally thrilled with the results each time.

Posted on 12 years ago

White Marine Pearl and Black Diamond Pearl are the classiest wraps ever made.

Beautiful set of drums.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here