Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1965 Gracy's

Here is a pic of my '65 Gracy drums purchased new by me in November, 1965. The set is a BeBop kit with 20x18 bass, 13x9 rack tom, 14x14 floor tom and a 5 1/2x14 snare. The wrap finish is Grey Marine Pearl and is in excellent condition on all drums. The batter heads have been replaced with Remo pinstripes but the resonant heads are the original '65 Remos. The bass resonant head has been replaced with an Aquarian regulator. The drums have been played extensively throughout the 60's, 70's, 80's and into the 90's. The cymbals pictured are Sabians and Zildjians. The snare in the pic is my Pearl piccolo but the snare to the set is in excellent conditon.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I really love those old Japanese kits. The finish patterns were quite eye-catching. Can you provide a closeup of the badge ? The only Gracys I have ever seen had rectangular badges.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Lovely looking kit. Thankyou for sharing the pictures and some of drums history with us.

I'd love see and hear some more.

Cool.

Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice set. Makes me remember my first drum set my folks bought me was Gracy white sparkle... thanks for the pics

OBD

Posted on 15 years ago

Just caught this thread. Very cool kit. I am in the process of for looking a vintage 60s Japanese kit myself!

Wow, your's are beautiful!Yes Sir

-Les

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here