Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

1965 Clubdate here we go again!

Well I am at it again. This will be a slow restoration process but I will use what I have learned up to this point. Because everything is in such awesome condition I plan on really just cleaning these up. Date stamps are all there except the floor tom. The only modification I might and I mean MIGHT do is go for chrome hardware. The copper lacquer is a classy finish and I think the chrome hardware would do it justice.

Surprisingly no extra holes and all factory at this point. 14" floor tom had its bottom head left off so it needs a good cleaning inside. Expect this to be a sloooow one as I have to put my Gretsch kit back together still. I plan on starting on the snare first with this kit. For a Pioneer its sound great from the get go.

Manny

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago

Okay Manny, we will be watching!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago

manny

certainly your call, but I think the nickel is great on that kit. nickel,when polished, has a deep beautiful glow to it. however, it does take more up keep than chrome does. that's for sure. maybe you can find someone that wants nickel to swap hardware with you..

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

Manny real nice clubdates!! I like the nickel hardware. Gives it a very classy look with the copper lacquer. I prefer nickle over chrome. It has a nice look with goldish hues. But like Mike said a bit more upkeep vs chrome. Polish up a few lugs and see what you think. Great score too!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 10 years ago

nickle doesn't not pit you would be surprised how it cleans up

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

From jaghog

nickle doesn't not pit you would be surprised how it cleans up

I have seen Mike's thread (mlayton) on how he cleaned up Nickel. I will likely give this a go. Like I said I am in no rush at all to get this done. I am not even sure if I am going to keep this kit but at the minimal I need to get it cleaned up and presentable.

I will say against the copper finish the Nickel hardware does give it an overall more antique look.

Manny

Sonor SQ2 10 14 18 American Walnut
L.A. Camco 12 14 18 Moss Green
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 18 w/snare Champagne
Gretsch Round Badge 12 14 20 w/snare Burgundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhdcpleTKlI

82nd ABN DIV OEF OIF Combat Infantry Veteran
Posted on 10 years ago

Another vote to keep the nickel and I love the gold inlay with that copper.

Nice kit!

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes my opinion is to leave the drums original, specially if your gonna re sell them.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here