Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1964 Camco Oaklawn

labor of love finally found a matching snare.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Beautifull and vastly underestimated drums.Soap Box

Posted on 14 years ago

Beauty of a kit!!

Cheers,Ed

Posted on 14 years ago

I really dig Camco hardware !!

Brilliant...... !!

Congrats on finding your snare !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

was that the one that Bill had from vintageclassicdrums?

the one that was on ebay?

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From LudwigLover

was that the one that Bill had from vintageclassicdrums?the one that was on ebay?

I picked up the snare on ebay about a month ago. I has a stamp on the inside Eddie Knight drum school. It was missing the damper, but i found one, it was missing a few of the thick washers but I was able to find them as well. The kit I picked up from a local collector, he got from the original owner. All parts original, including the thick washers on all of the drums. All of the chrome is COB and once I cleaned it, it shines like a new penny.

Posted on 14 years ago

nice!

Bowing

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I met Eddie Knight at the Chicago Show. Very nice man and has plenty of stories about growing up at the Oaklawn plant! Very nice kit. Is it 3, 4 or 6 plies? My burgundy sparkle 20/12/14 was suppose to be a 6 ply kit when I bought it but when I took it apart they turned out to be 4 ply shells, my favorite of the 3 different shells. I recently scored a 5x14 Burgundy sparkle snare w/ Tuxedo lugs and it turned out to be a rare 3 ply shell.

1957 George Way BDP 26" concert bass drum
1959 George Way BDP 22/12/16 w/ 5.5x14
1959 George Way Green Sparkle 22/12/16 w/5.5x14
1961 George Way Blue Sparkle 20/12/15
1961 George Way Jelly Bean 20/12/14 w/4.5x14
1960’s Camco Oaklawn Champagne 20/12/14/16w/5x14
1971-73 Camco Chanute Walnut 24/14/18 w/5x14 COB
Posted on 14 years ago

From DolFan54

I met Eddie Knight at the Chicago Show. Very nice man and has plenty of stories about growing up at the Oaklawn plant! Very nice kit. Is it 3, 4 or 6 plies? My burgundy sparkle 20/12/14 was suppose to be a 6 ply kit when I bought it but when I took it apart they turned out to be 4 ply shells, my favorite of the 3 different shells. I recently scored a 5x14 Burgundy sparkle snare w/ Tuxedo lugs and it turned out to be a rare 3 ply shell.

I believe it to be a 6ply but I don't know for sure. I was also able to correctly replace some of the washers with the correct "chubby" washers. I also resourced the correct oaklawn L arm. The coolest thing I did recently was reconfigure a new DW rail mount to work with the existing holes on the bass drum. I also got the DW suspension mount. It works perfectly - much more stable than the original mount and NO EXTRA HOLES!

Posted on 14 years ago

Beautiful camco's!! love em just love em!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here