Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

1963 Slingerland Modern Jazz

Long time reader, first time post. ;)

I have had this set for quite a while and was wondering what it would be worth. I have never sold anything old before usually just newer stuff.

Stats:

14x22 bass, rail was took off at some point and the 68 mounting system put on. has mount on it for cymbal arm.

8x12 MT 1 small crack in wrap at bottom rim, hardly noticeable

14x14 FT 1 small crack in wrap at bottom rim, hardly noticeable

5x14 Snare

For pics looks here

http://webpages.charter.net/seemos/Vanilla_Thunder/1963_Slingerland.html

Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

Shrunk the picture for posting. :)

Posted on 14 years ago

Well, I just did a completed listing search on ebay and came up with about 500 for an average price. They just aren't moving well at the moment. You can check for yourself by going to ebay and doing an advanced search. Type in Slingerland and check the completed listings box. That will give you ALL of the Slingerland products. You can then narrow your search from there. Be sure to note just the ones that actually sold. There's lots out there unsold with high price tags. I just saw a Buddy Rich kit complete go for just over 500. Dang. Wish I'd seen that one.

You're going to take a hit on your kit due to the mod. That's a real drag. If it was all original, it would go for more money. Because of the mod, you're going to lose a pretty good percentage.

Your best bet would be to either wait or trade it. There are people here that would more than likely want to trade you. That's a nice kit and some of us (ME!) are not collectors and don't mind a players kit. I could care less about the mod, myself. I like the idea of built-in versatility. Kinda cool. A more purist type will poo poo it and bathe after viewing the pics. Takes all kinds.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks!

Kind of what was afraid of. :( but they arent costing me anything sitting in the drum room, and I dont have to feed them. lol I'll hand on to em til I'm hurtin for cash i guess. maybe try craigslist :eek:

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here