Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1961 Slingerland's Last viewed: 10 seconds ago

From Tommyp

Mike!...Very nice set of Slingerland's indeed!... but that said, I think you have the rack tom upside down as the seam shouldn't be in front. Certainly not a criticism, just an observation. Enjoy!!Tommyp

There's that attention to detail shining through.

No wonder from the condition of Tommyp's equipment !!!....Cool DudeCool Dude

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Thats where the seam is on my 61 slingies, I felt like it shouldn't be there but the muffler says otherwise!

Posted on 14 years ago

Well!... that IS interesting! You gotta wonder WHY Slingerland would do that, you know? None of my Rogers... WFL's... Ludwigs... are seamed in front as it "seems" like not the best place for it, aesthetically speaking of course. Interesting!

Details... details... details. Kevins!... it's a curse I tell ya!! LOL!!

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

crying2-07Im to late!...You put steel wool on the chrome??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

yea that seam bothers me too. I could flip it but might as well have the muffler up top. no biggie really.

0000 steel wool yes. every lug, hoop, tension rod, plate...everything.

Posted on 14 years ago

Lots of drummers flipped the drum or had the muffler installed on the bottom. Krupa was one if memory serves.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hmmm, just a little confused...(not a rare experience for me). But in looking at the rack tom mount it seems all too familiar.

[IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/FTG3/P1010236.jpg[/IMG]

Did Slingerland and Ludwig use the same tom mount system?

(He asked at the risk of appearing totaly the fool)

Posted on 14 years ago

And it is a good question,,NO, They are fairly big differences if you get the two companies side by side, the slingreland kit has the ray mckinley tom holder on it, and yours is ludwigs version called a consolette actually they are all called that now, dw has a version of it out as we speak!, side by side you would see the differences right off of the two companies.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I would love a cymbal holder on the bass drum, should I buy one aftermarket and drill or no?

Posted on 14 years ago

NO. Leave it factory!!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here