Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

1961 Slingerland Stage Band

Mahogany would be a reddish brown and there would be a big contrast between the shell and the rings (which are maple). I think my 66 Slingerland kit had that cheap tom mount on it originally, there are two finished head (chrome) type bolts in the holes and it has a ludwig four bolt rail consolette installed on the top of the bass drum. The tom mount is ludwig also, which covers up the two holes from the original Slingerland mount. This is how I got it from the original owner. He said the Slingerland stuff was sh--. My kit does not have the single lugs, which I wonder why they originally used the cheaper hardware on it. Weird

Posted on 15 years ago

I've got a Stage Band bass drum, dark blue sparkle. It has the standard for the time Slingerland rail consolette tom holder mounted on top of the drum rather than down on the other side of the top lug. It appears the Stage Bands came with both style tom holders, maybe there's a date or cut-off from one style to the other?? The set on E Bay went for $360, nice price!

If anyone has an orphan Stage Band tom, rack or floor in dark blue sparkle they'd like to part with I'd be interested. Thanks

Regards

Don

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here