Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1961 preserial keystone badge kit with extras

Only the flat base stands, the Ludwig cowbell & holder, and Star bdp bongos are left. Rest of kit is SOLD. If interested in what's left over please let me know.

$1,100 OBO but,ridiculous low ball offers are not accepted.

Very rare to find 1961 Ludwig pre serial number Ludwig drum set (22" bass, 12" rack tom, and Supraphonic snare) with an adopted Ludwig 1965 16" floor tom. All stands and gear, cymbals, stands, cowbell & holder are original to the set. All drums have new beater heads( Remo Weatherking Vintage series). The original front head on the bass was kept and an original style Ludwig decal was added. Also, an added 13" 1965 BDP rack tom, a Japanese BDP Star bongo drums. The shells, chrome were painstakingly cleaned and polished, but never played after restoration. Located in Fort Wayne, IN. Available to come and see. Local pick up or you arrange and pay for. Contact details given to serious buyers.

Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks for the info! Drums are now pending sold to a Florida buyer.

Posted on 2 years ago

I have a vague recollection of having had one of those in the same color 20-25 years ago.

12x22, 8x12 and 5x14 metal snare. If I recall correctly it had nickel hardware, at least on the bass and tom with the straight cymbal rod coming out at an odd angle. New Yorker outfit. It came from an estate sale.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

PS - Great deal. Florida should be happy!

Posted on 2 years ago

Was that a super 400 and was there a K in the bunch look like it to me unless I’m seeing things

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

Hi Trupel!

A wonderful set of vintage Ludwig's! I hope they find a new home. Good luck with your sale!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Yeah, if that’s a brass Supra a total deal!

The New Yorker bass drum is one of the best.

Posted on 2 years ago

If someone offers you less then asking price then they are jerks!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 2 years ago

Jeff hope all well

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

was my first set except 14X20/8x12/8x12/16x16/5 supra bdp out-of-the paper sticks stands cases and Zildjians $225 used in 1968. Also had the Clip mount for the twin toms; figured (now years later) to have been a '63 set?)

I never saw them again after 1971 (not that I was looking) but (supra/ 20/12/12/16 with clip mount is was rare maybe.

$225 in 1968 equals $1,728.81 in 2021.

Good Price! GLWS

(all each white paint inside or a mix? mine were a mix bass and maybe floor, were natural;and small toms white inside)

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here