Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

1961 gretsch head reccomendations-here we go again...lol

I know alot of people ask this question,and its is very subjective,but a just bought a 1961 gretch rb set and am trying to get that great gretch sound...lol.I bought the kit because i always wanted one since i was knee high,and always loved the wondeful sound they made when i have heard people play them over the years!! I have a 22x14 bass,9x13 mount tom,16x16floor tom and standard size snare,all mufflers are intact,including the original felt one on the bass drum-original felt too!!need some help here!!! thanking you in advance,Andy

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Got Fiberskyn FAs all over mine. Sounds great, but not the best projection for loud rock.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Forgive my Gretsch ignorance...are these the thinner shells or the thicker shells ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

practise, practise, practise.... :)

seriously, most famous drummers have the sound in their hands and feet, not the equipment.

i use Remo Renaissance on the old sets i have and they sound beautiful!

nothing for a heavy hitter though.

for the seventies sound i prefer remo cs.

cheers

Posted on 14 years ago

I've used the Aquarian -American vintage heads on Gretsch snares. They fit a little better than Ambassador's, but I just don't like the sound. They feel pretty thick and hard, and do not provide the sensitivity I like to hear in my snares.

On the other hand I love Fiberskyns and Ambassadors, but I have a hard time fitting them on Gretsch's.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here