Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

1960's YAMAHA C200 5X14

Beautyful Yamaha 14"x5 snare drum , C200 series , made in Japan late 60s.

6 ply shells in Golden Dragon finish .

Posted on 8 years ago

Very cool looking snare drum !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 8 years ago

That snare is gorgeous! One of my Yamaha toms was wrapped in this, but all that remained were little bits under the lugs. Had no idea what the color was called. Absolutely stunning.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

A beautiful snare drum! The same shell and muffler that were used for the R-360/380 Rogers drums, also around 1968.

Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

From idrum4fun

A beautiful snare drum! The same shell and muffler that were used for the R-360/380 Rogers drums, also around 1968. Mark

Mark!

Now that is interesting! .. meaning .. the fact that it's the same shell as the Rogers/YAMAHA R-360/R-380 wood series snare drums! I have never actually seen one of those, but I know they exist! All I have ever seen or played in both the "R" lines are the COS shell snare drums, which I suspect they made many more of than the wood. Do you have a wood Rogers/YAMAHA "R" series wood snare? If so... how does it sound?!

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago

TP!

Yes, probably well over 95% of snare drums were COS...BUT...there were some wood-shell snares. Also, while most shells had grey painted interiors, the earliest examples had clear birch interiors. Check out the pictures of an early R-360, complete with clear interiors and 6-lug wood-shell snare drum!

Forgot to mention that I've never played a wood-shell R-360. There were actually 2 identical wood-shell R-360 snare drums on eBay, one in Red Ripple and the other Blue Ripple. I'll find those pictures and attach them in another post.

-Mark

4 attachments
93.3 kB
114.3 kB
36.3 kB
86.8 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

I found the Red Ripple R-360 snare drum, still up for sale on eBay, item 321977591869 with a BIN of $175. Attached are 5 pictures.

This same seller also sold the matching Blue Ripple snare drum.

-Mark

5 attachments
96.4 kB
111.1 kB
111.3 kB
122.9 kB
119.1 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

From idrum4fun

I found the Red Ripple R-360 snare drum, still up for sale on eBay, item 321977591869 with a BIN of $175. Attached are 5 pictures. This same seller also sold the matching Blue Ripple snare drum.-Mark

Mark!

I actually saw this drum on eBay! Looks nicely done for entry level. Now... if it were in WMP, and with the Beavertail lugs, well... !

Tommyp

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here