Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

1960's Pearl Mufflers

If any one has any ideas about where to get two extra mufflers for my 60's Pearl set I would appreciate it.

My mom bought this this at a yard sale over a decade ago and even though it sounds thin, it is special to me and I use it a lot. Oh yeah, and it looks killer!!! I think who ever built this kit built cheap kits with a hundred different brand names on them. I just hope that I can find some extra parts for this (almost original) set.

Any ideas for key words on ebay. I know the parts are out there but I ust don't know where to look.

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/Dukermoonebay/100_4136.jpg[/IMG]

NOTE: This is not the original FT leg. The old ones don't get it high enough.

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/Dukermoonebay/100_3621.jpg[/IMG]

Actually, I'd also like to throw out that I am interested in buying Pearl drums from this era.

Thanks,

Isaac Carpenter

Posted on 17 years ago

I have a bag of parts that were stripped off of drums like this and I will take a look for you.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you David.

Isaac

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey, I know what you mean about the short FT legs. I like mine pretty low, but if mine were an inch shorter..........

Have you seen the pictures of my '66 Pearl kit posted here? I'm still trying to find just the right heads and tuning, I even went back to Performance 2s for the toms, but I think the resonant heads I'm using, Classic Clears, might be a little too thin with them. For some reason, these drums make my snare buzz WAY worse than my newer Ludwig's do, no matter how I tune my toms.

I recently made a new front head for the bass, I'll post a new picture tonight.

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 17 years ago

Yes I saw your kit and it looks great!! Believe it or not this set sounds the best with the decade old remo emporors my brother put on them when he had them. Whenever I tried to put new ones on there, they ring too much! I'm sure I could make some new heads sound good but I just am attached to the way they sound already.

We need to find you a matching snare for that thing. If I come across one on ebay I will inform you.

Isaac Carpenter

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here