Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

1960s Gretsch RB Name Band kit WMP

1960s Gretsch RB Name Band kit WMP

1 attachments
- GretschGuy
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi,

Nice bunch of kits you've let us see in the gallery!

Did you restore them all?

-kellyj

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 14 years ago

From kellyj

Hi,Nice bunch of kits you've let us see in the gallery!Did you restore them all?-kellyj

Thanks kellyj for the kind words. Actually, no. These are all original kits and actually the Ludwigs are for sale (except the red sparkle). I'm working on redoing the hoops on my Gretsch Burgundy Sparkle, but that's the extent of my restoration skills...right now anyway.

Thanks again and I'll see you around the forum.

-akaran3

- GretschGuy
Posted on 14 years ago

I have enjoyed the show so far, you have a way cool collection, this gretsch kit, she's a beauty!!Cool1Cool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

I have enjoyed the show so far, you have a way cool collection, this gretsch kit, she's a beauty!!Cool1Cool1

Thanks very much! Actually, I just sold the blue sparkle kit today on ebay. I hate to see it go but I need to downsize a bit.

Yeah, the WMP RB kit is a great kit. Virtually no fade on the wrap. The BD has some wrap issues and I'm debating whether to repair it or not. I know the hardcore Gretsch collectors prefer it all original but I don't want to snag the split portions on something and make it worse. Besides, I'm not selling it any time soon. I also just purchased an early 60s RB 20/12/14/14x4 prog kit in original Burgundy Sparkle that I'll get up here soon as well.

Just let me know if I'm over doing it. I just figure, if I can't share my kits with other vintage geeks, who else is there? I mean, I love my wife but it's just not the same. :-)

- GretschGuy
Posted on 14 years ago

From akaran3

Thanks very much! Actually, I just sold the blue sparkle kit today on ebay. I hate to see it go but I need to downsize a bit. Yeah, the WMP RB kit is a great kit. Virtually no fade on the wrap. The BD has some wrap issues and I'm debating whether to repair it or not. I know the hardcore Gretsch collectors prefer it all original but I don't want to snag the split portions on something and make it worse. Besides, I'm not selling it any time soon. I also just purchased an early 60s RB 20/12/14/14x4 prog kit in original Burgundy Sparkle that I'll get up here soon as well. Just let me know if I'm over doing it. I just figure, if I can't share my kits with other vintage geeks, who else is there? I mean, I love my wife but it's just not the same. :-)

If it's just simple wrap repair, then repair it, just don't re wrap, yeah i want to see the burgundy sparkle kit.!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here